INTERESTED IN BECOMING A RISNA NURSE PEER REVIEWER?
LOOKING FOR A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE YOUR NURSING ASSOCIATION AND YOUR NURSING COMMUNITY?
Complete the RISNA NPR Qualification Form today!
Become a Nurse Peer Reviewer — Supporting Quality Continuing Education
RISNA invite qualified nurses to serve as peer reviewers to evaluate continuing education programs for approval. Their expertise supports continuing professional development education activities for the nurses in Rhode Island and beyond.
- Registered nurse with valid license?
- A currently licensed RN with a bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher?
- Current ANA/RISNA member?
- Interested in joining a unique group of nurse peers who support providing ANCC accredited continuing education?
- A nurse planner for education programs and events or a primary nurse planner of an Approved Provider unit who wants to stay current in your knowledge of ANCC accreditation criteria?
- Qualified with a background in education, training, and or relevant knowledge and experience in educating nurses that would prepare you to participate in the peer review process?
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, and accessing email and email attachments?
- Available to participate in quarterly nurse peer reviewer zoom meetings?
Learn more about the training process for Nurse Peer Reviewers (NPR's)
Individual Activity Training Includes:
- Electronic presentation with the ANCC criteria and expectations to evaluate Individual activities
- Reviewing several activities that have been previously scored
Approved Provider Training Includes:
- Electronic web presentation for standards and compliance criteria.
- Zoom meeting with Nurse Peer Review Leader
- Review of 1-2 current Approved Provider self-study narratives and participation in a consensus call as a trainee
Ongoing competency requirements:
- Participate in an Interrater reliability study, as conducted.
- Attend annual NPR virtual conference or similar ANCC conference.
- Attend at least 2 NPR meetings, held quarterly.
- Complete ANCC NPR competency validation, as required.
If you have questions or need further clarification please contact RISNA education unit at firstname.lastname@example.org